Three Rivers Media has a rare and exciting opportunity to join the team as a full time On Air Personality/Operations Manager. The ideal candidate is someone with a great attitude, an exceptional work ethic, and is able to naturally resonate with the audience – on-air, online and on site.
Three Rivers Media Corp. is a small market operation with a passion for community. Our oldest station has been on air for over 67 years and we are a team oriented workplace working towards bringing hometown radio into the 21st century. Building an excellent relationship with our listening area is key.
If you have a passion for local radio and a passion for serving our great community, we would like to talk to you about joining our team!
Job Summary :
Creates, produces and announces topics on the radio, including music, entertainment, politics, news, weather, sports, traffic and other topics of interest. Oversees the day-to-day operations of a federally-licensed, community-operated radio station and its various sub-units. Oversees, coordinates, and administers a range of operational and administrative activities in direct support of the delivery of 24-hour radio programming by the station. Participates in the development and administration of strategic and operating plans, and evaluates programs for compliance with the overall mission of the station.
- Delivers newscasts; announces radio playlist of musical selections; gives weather and traffic conditions; delivers sports scores, statistics, and upcoming game information.
- Comments on music and other matters of interest to the audience (e.g. time, weather, traffic conditions) and interviews advertisers, music acts, and other subjects of interest.
- Writes, reviews and/or edits news copy, introductions, public service announcements, commercials, pre-recorded reports, contests, etc.
- Participates in promotional events.
- Maintain and grow ratings in morning drive.
- Inform, entertain, and engage listeners in the New River Valley and surrounding area.
- Assist in the branding of the station via music, imaging, social media, and special events.
- Gather new stories, audio, and write content for the show.
- Pitch segments/ideas.
- Help evaluate the content of music, monitor listener feedback, and recommend appropriate repositioning.
- Broadcast live from remote locations.
- Be a positive member of our tight-knit team.
- Directly sell advertising space to advertisers.
- On call for all FCC and security matters such as tower lights, malfunctions, etc.
- Oversees and coordinates the continuous, multifaceted daily operations of the radio station, ensuring compliance with broadcast standards, university policies, and relevant federal and state laws and regulations.
- Maintains accurate schedules, records, discrepancy reports, and follow-through communications, and ensures
- Covers local sports broadcasting for the listening area
- Performs miscellaneous job-related duties as assigned
- Knowledge of all applicable FCC rules and regulations.
- Computer literacy in applicable programs (Automation Software, Adobe Audition, etc.)
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to relate to the audience and have a strong listener interaction on air and online.
- Excellent public speaking skills and ability to interact with listeners and clients in a public setting.
- Excellent problem-solving and prioritizing skills.
- Ability to interact with management and staff at all levels.
- Ability to multi-task and handle pressures and deadlines.
- Skilled in operation of control board, remote broadcasting, and other related production equipment.
- Must be creative and innovative with a strong work ethic.
- Must have a valid driver’s license and fully insured vehicle.
If you feel you are a qualified candidate and would like to join a fast paced company that is built on support, respect, creativity, energy and hustle; submit your cover letter, resume, references, recommendation letters, and current air-check to office@ threeriversmedia.net